I hope everyone is spending time with friends and family and are enjoying warm meals and warm hearts!
Speaking of warm...
last night I almost started a kitchen fire making Banana Nut bread and Zucchini bread from scratch. oopsie.
James helped me put out the molten lava banana nut drippings that were overflowing from the pans and bursting into flames and after an hour of cleaning...we were back in the baking business.
Although they aren't traditional Thanksgiving offerings, I thought they would be nice for breakfast tomorrow so our hostess would not have to cook.
I, however, will be having air for breakfast tomorrow...maybe served with a side of cardio.
For I'm sure the sodium I will digest today will have me puffed out like a Macy's day parade float.
Oh...and I'm flying this morning, too!!! Not a good combo.
And let me tell you something... if I don't get a full body pat down - I'm gonna be PISSED.
Hey- I'm married, I look forward to the little thrills.
Don't judge me.
I'll probably make them feel my abs while they are there!
Quick- feel them! Before I puff up!!!
Here are some fun THANKSGIVING TRIVIA, FACTS and QUOTES for you all to enjoy!
(and no, i did not know these things,... I copied them off the Internet) :)
- It is thought that the Native American Indians out numbered the Plymouth colonists nearly two to one on the first Thanksgiving which lasted for three days.
- The Wampanoag Native American Indians shared an autumn harvest feasts with the Plymouth colonists in 1621 that is known today as one of the first Thanksgiving celebrations.
- In the middle of the Civil War, 16th President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed Thanksgiving Day to be a national holiday.
- Contrary to popular belief, even though wild turkeys were around during the first Thanksgiving feast, they were not served.
- Instead, the Native American Indians and Plymouth colonists feasted on various seafood, deer, corn, eggs, squash, spices, popcorn and squashed cranberries.
“Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants.” -Kevin James
“I love Thanksgiving turkey. It’s the only time in Los Angeles that you see natural breasts.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger
The pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts… nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving.” -H. W. Westermayer
“There is no sincerer love than the love of food.” -George Bernard Shaw
“I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land.” –Jon Stewart
“Thanksgiving is America’s national chow-down feast, the one occasion each year when gluttony becomes a patriotic duty.” –Michael Dresser
And this one goes out to DENISE DEL R....
she said she was so motivated that she might start her new boot camp diet- you guessed it - today!
So, Denise- give it hell, girl! I believe in you and this quote is for you!...
“An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.” –Irv Kupcinet
This year, I am thankful that I have LESS boo-tay ...and MORE friends!
You guys are the best!
I am wishing you all laughter, full bellies and lots of love...and men that do dishes!!!
Please be safe if you are traveling...
Happy Thassgiving...I mean Thanksgiving!!!